Why?

Okay, so I come on here to read and occasionally answer and all I see is women who have hateful and resentful attitudes toward their husbands or so's.

Why? Why is it that whenever someone posts a problem, the question is littered (usually) with people telling her to "leave his ass," "find another man," and things like that?

Whatever happened to work it out and talking things thru? Does it make them feel superior to know that they may have broken up a family with their bad advice?

And for the record, I am NOT talking about the posts where the op is clearly being abused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• If a family can be broken up by someone's cursory advice, I guess it was broken in the first place.

Most women here know to take everything on CafeMom with a grain of salt.

I would like to know if anyone actually acts on any advice given to them through this forum, lol.
    Anonymous

• Lol I posted a very similar question a few days ago. I think some women are just bitter. I love my husband and am very proud to be his wife. I stand by him through everything as he does with me.
    Anonymous

• I think some women post these questions looking for those particular responses just so that they can feel better about themselves! When other's post "you're way to good for him, leave him" they are hoping to have there ego's boosted. In which case it's obvious they weren't ready for marriage.
    Anonymous

• WOMEN TEND TO MAKE COMMENTS ON THEIR ACTUAL REACTION TO A SITUATION, SOME ARE MORE TOLERANT THAN OTHERS.

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

clapping

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Great question...I came on because I was going thru hardtimes with my husband and I just needed to talk. I have gotten some really good advise and things are going in the right direction. Those who say leave them..well all I can say is they have probably never been in some of these situations and I bet if they had they would see how not so easy it is to walk away. I have 22 yrs invested with this man and I love him. Mistakes yes, leave never. Marriage is for better or worse. Unless we as wives are perfect and have never made mistakes, we should think twice before we throw stones at are hubbys for there poor judgement. Have a Great Easter!!!!!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I believe your position is over stated and not quite accurate. Just bc some women feel that way doesn't mean they all do. I've seen posts telling women to leave that were clearly sarcasm and not genuine advice they expected the questioner to follow. One has to expect some negative posts when in an open forum like this. I'm sure "all" those women who complain about their man are still with their man so the credibility of someone who hangs in there but advises another to leave is a bit lacking, don't you think? One must use common sense when reading these questions and corresponding answers. My guy can be a real dick but I can't see me leaving him and won't advise others to leave. It's not my place to tell them what to do. We can suggest they consider that as an option though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Women are catty bitches......they hate when women talk about happy they are when they are happily married and then tell them to leave over things that should be talked out....
    Anonymous

• I think its just venting on both sides. Who wouldn't want support from gal pals?
    Anonymous

• I normally don't tell women to "kick him to the curb, leave his ass ". I normally say something like try to work it out, learn to live with it, or leave, those are the options on all situations.
    I'd like to know if people do just want to hear someone tell them it's okay to leave so they can do it with clear conscience.. or to cheat. I won't be telling them that unless the person is hurting them (and then I'll recommend anger management), or repeated cheating (I'm open to second and even third chances, but after that if there's no remorse and they're not trying to do better....)
    Not all of us are bad mean spirited people. But we do all have bad days or moments of bad judgement.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009