• In the Spotlight:

Have you or someone you know ever had an eating disorder?

How do you (or someone you know) deal with it? Did you resist help from family and friends? What did you have? Did it affect your relationships?

And, this might be a stupid question, but Im not sure if I have an eating disorder. Ive always been very thin which I always just contributed to a fast metabolism. I am 5'1 and weigh 100 lbs. I eat, and I'll admit I dont eat that healthy, I may not eat a lot during the day but I do eat, and I just go on daily walks. But I've always had people joke that I must be anorexic or something. Ive tried to gain weight, it just doesnt happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• If this is normal for you and you have been this way most or all of your life, dont worry about it. If you would like to gain weight, have your doctor check your thyroid, it could be too high. Genetics can also play a role in how your body metabilizes the food you eat. Some people just dont gain weight like others do.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• if you're eating and not avoiding eating then you are fine. it's the ppl that refuse to eat or severly restrict thier calories that have anorexia. you just sound naturally thin.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 12:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I used to be like that. Every one kept telling me that I didn't eat enough to keep a bird alive and that I needed to eat more and made a big deal if I did. I didn't worry about it because I felt fine, I ate when and what I wanted. I didn't worry about my wieght.
    Anonymous