7 month old diarrhea

:( ok let me just start off and say it all started off with a plum. I make my son's baby food, but not knowing giving him a whole plum would cause diarrhea. I don't have my mother/grandmother or anyone who has had babies around so give me a little slack. I gave him rice cereal last night mixed with pedialyte and that didn't seem to help. He won't drink the straight pedialyte. I feel so bad and like the worst mother ever! :( HELP someone please!

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 12:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as he's drinking and still peeing normally he should be fine. if it keeps up much longer i would call the dr. also, make sure your cleaning his booty with warm tap water and patting it dry to keep him from getting irritated.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 12:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• poor lil guy! and dont feel like a bad mom =)
    it's great you are making your own babyfood! I do the same! if the diarrhea continues for a few days I'd call the dr. and keep offering the pedialyte. and stay away from plums for now. if the tushy seems irritated, you can put baking soda in the bathwater.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009