Where is the best place to live?

My husband and I are wanting/needing to move. He receives SSI and has two kids from a previous relationship. We recently had a son of our own about a year ago and just found out that I am pregnant. I need a job and have been looking but haven't found too much luck. we need to move and get out of the hell hole town we are in and "start over" He has family in SC, MI, OH, and FL. The option to stay with anyone of our families is out of the question. I know the economy sucks right now but in your opinion where is the best place to go to get help and start over? Neither one of us is opposed to working/getting a job/or doing what we need to do. We are not looking to mooch off anyone, just get some leverage to get better established?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• We live in Northern Virginia at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Beautiful here and very family oriented. My husband is from Ohio, Akron area. There are some very nice places there. Tallmadge, Bath, Wadsworth...I was born and raised in Southern CA and have been in VA for 3 years. I miss my family but other then that, Northern Virginia is beautiful. Lots of history, so much to do and so much is Free is DC.
    Best in your search. Happy easter and if I can be of any help in the "work from home" area, I'd love to talk with you.

Marianne
    rmcorns@gmail.com
    mygc.com/mariannecorns
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I would not go to MI or FL.
    You can do a google search for best cities to live in right now. When I did it a while ago, I found that one of the best states to be in now is Texas, and I'm already here. :)
    Anonymous

• Typically the midwest states aren't as expensive to live in.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 4:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OP Here How do I go about getting assistance and stuff? I have tried forever getting a job and have had no luck what-so-ever. I have been looking into moving to Vegas. I think that it would be pretty easy getting a job at a casino as a server or something.
    Anonymous