Is math just a bad subject for women?

This came from another question where a mother was asking about helping their children with homework and most of the moms said math was their worst subject. I know math was MY worst subject but most of the guys I know excelled in math. Is that the case for you? Does anyone know why that is?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I was really good at math. As long as they kept algebra away from me anyways. I despise algebra.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• boy adens mom lol you are chatty today lol...love the questions tho..I hate math, suck at math but i dont know if that means its a bad subject for all women....My best friend is a brainiac and great at math, so I guess a random poll may help more. Interesting tho....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I was okay at math...just never had much interest in it. Plenty of girls I knew were great at math. It's just one of those things that depends..
    Anonymous

• no i was always really good at math , even started some college courses in high school ,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Girls have been trained to THINK they are not as good in math. There have been studies that show that boys get more praise and acknowledgment than girls in math and science classes.
    As a young girl I was painfully shy and often knew the answer but was too shy to raise my hand for the fear of being wrong. I think boys are more confident so they give the answer more readily.
    At my son's school they have a special club for math and science for girls ad I think it is great.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• IMO, it has ALOT to do w/ the teachers.. I had a great math teacher.. I LOVED math including algebra!! She made it soo easy to learn and fun.. Math was always my strong point in school. I wished my daughter had the same teacher that I had..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 1:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Math was and is a strong point for me. I am very good with numbers. My kids love to toss huge math problems at me & watch me solve them without a calculator or pen & paper. For some reason it entertains them. LOL My dad was very strong in math and started teaching me math skills before I could read and I have been reading since I was 4.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Nope, I'm pretty good at math. History was always my downfall.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• All I know is, I always struggled with math, but at my current school, I had the most awesome math prof EVER and I loved his class! I actually learned and understood math for the first time in my life! (I'm 41)!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i'm allergic to math. made me so sick i ended up in the nurses office every class. always got better for gym :)
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009