black poop

My son had black poop I mean black black dark. Is that from blueberry cause i gave him blueberrys for the first time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• Yes probably it is. If he goes tomorrow and its still dark black I would start to question it.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It could be from the blueberries, however very black, as in tar-like stools can also be a sign of a nerve problem or even internal bleeding. Is he having any other symptoms? If he is having stomach pain, I would take him in to be seen as soon as possible.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 1:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If he continues to have black poop- that is a sign of bleeding internally. And I would get that checked out ASAP if it continues! I would google it and check what other symptoms would be.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My daughter loves, loves, loves blueberries and she has some very dark poop from them. The tar like stool people are talking about is a very different stool- it is tar like- hard to wipe off and black. Or it can look like coffee grounds. It also has a strange smell to it- not in a good way ( I know no poop smells good- but this is worse....) Stop the blueberries and see what happens. If it clears up- it was the blueberries. If you think it could be anything more serious (like he has other symptoms) call the doctor!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2009