Ever wonder why our HB, SO lie about stupid stuff?

My husband lies about the most stupid things ever! Like how a truck he owned in the past got wrecked, or how he came by a leather jaket.... His lies also lead to more serious things like in the past he lied about watching pron, which now I could care less cuz I watch it too, or he will lie or hide things to keep from getting in trouble... hahaha! Now that I think about it its so funny, cuz he acts like a kid!

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• yep, let' s blame it on their moms! I keep telling SO his lies are so unnecessary. He'll say it's raining when the sun is shining! The things he lies about are truly stupid and the things I'd rather he lie about he blurts the truth right out! It makes no sense.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• He either grew up having to lie about everything (abusive parents), or he has lots of things to hide. Who knows? Only him. So bring it up...
    Anonymous

• My husband doesn't lie, is a trustworthy man with our kids, and he has no reason to watch porn, it's disgusting.
    Anonymous

• some men are compulsive liars...doesn't mean that there is a reason he does so you can loose the attitude IRA871
    Anonymous

• prude anon
    Anonymous

• Yeaup he will lie to you cuz he is ashamed to disappoint you .hopefully he will just give up.Or when he was younger he would get in so much trouble that he lied constantly to buy time in saving his tush .Sadly its part of who he is .But i have seen a good things about it in big trouble He wont lie or will try and it will be so such a crappy lie you will catch it quickly .Be careful it wont always be funny that shows he is insecure .It means some things are not good enough for him so he has to lie . Now its funny but like i said its exhausting to be with someone you you don't really know cuz you don't know in reality what is true and what is not .Its not mentally healthy

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• if others feel I have an attitude, I apologize, am blessed with an honest man, an not afraid to say that.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Mine doesn't lie about stupid things like that. He's brutally honest, usually.

Compulsive lying is a psychological issue, most likely developed in childhood. Maybe he needs to see a professional.
    Anonymous

• His lying really don't bother me that much... Yeah he lied alot as a child to keep from getting in trouble and even told me he lies about things to make it more interesting... I always know when he is lying, cuz hes bad at it... there is not one lie he has told me that I didn't know it was a lie... I know! I always know when someone is lying to me... of course thats if i see their faces when they are telling the lie... If its over the phone or internet, then I have now clue!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No, not now!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2009