Should we stop buying products made in China?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090411/ap_on_bi_ge/chinese_drywall

There have been sooo many things coming out of China of inferior quality and have or can hurt us. Do you think we can afford to keep buying from the Chinese? Do we just need to have better restrictions and inspections when things come into our country?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• it will never happen
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 1:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Should have about 15 years ago.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 2:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I try my best to buy American made items, but its kind of hard to find everything I need thats Made in America. Itd be cool if there was some type of chain store like Walmart or Target that stocked its shelves with American made items only.. Theyd get my business. :)

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Long overdue, I think we should have more strict on inspections and restrictions. We should sanction their products and stop purchasing their harmful crap. Hit their export and see if they raise their standards of production and quality products.  Cheap labor and the expense of our safety / health....NO thanks!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 2:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• This I have to agree with. Buy American - not anything made in China. We should stop getting products from them since most seem to be defective and hazardous.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Every time I pick up something in a store and look on the back of it to see were it is made ..It says made in china or other places. If I only bought made in america I would not have anything..Including cloths.

Answer by louise2 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• How in the hell are we supposed to stop buying stuff made in China when EVERYTHING comes from there? Most stuff I buy, I can't even FIND a Made In America substitute.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Right pagan! And I truly look! lol Dragonfly....we agreed on something, that is nice! ;D See, I'm not an evil right winged nut on all things!

We truly need to find a way to produce the products in America by American workers. Perhaps with the current unemployment rate, some will be so desperate they will take any job and we can start producing out of necessity right here on our own soil!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 2:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I look hard too.. its almost impossible it seems.. that should really tell people how much money we're sending out of the country just by buying necessities to live.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I do my best to buy American but it's become increasingly difficult over the years. Real shame.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009