damaged hair aaaaaaaaah

my hair is naturally oily, yet the top layer is soooo damaged. I've tried anti-frizz serums, DOVE damage control shampoo and conditioner. I dont blow dry, havent died my hair in many years (Ive had hair cuts since then anyways to get rid of split ends...) I have an anti-frizz brush...nothing seems to work. i cant stand it anymore. seems all I can do is always have my hair up, or constantly brush it or wet it with water. any suggestions? and inexpensive?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Part of your problem may be that you're going the inexpensive route (which I can't blame you for, I gotta buy cheap, too.) Even though your hair is oily, you might try to get one of those heat-up oil treatments. They can repair damage really well. Just don't use a bunch of styling products afterward or your hair will look weighed down. Products I used when I worked at a salon did wonders for my hair. But they were really expensive, so...I wonder if it's even worth mentioning :) Do you use a straightening iron?
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 2:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Never brush wet hair!! That breaks it, and with breakage on top, it gets all frayed. Only comb wet hair, with a wide comb. You don't have to have a full line of salon stuff, but some items would help. And some salons give a discount sometimes, or put things on sale. Ask the next time you get your hair cut, they don't all try to push products. And salon products, you don't need to use large amounts like with store brands. A good conditioner, and a good serum would help a lot.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• This doesn't really help repair your hair at all, but it sure does make it LOOK a lot less damaged. Get a straightener. My hair looks all fried and frizzy and the straightener makes it look 1,000 times better, smoother, softer and prettier.
    Anonymous