Anyone ever gotten pregnant on Mirena?

I had Mirena implanted a month after I had my daughter. They said that it is common to have very light periods afterwards. However, mine started really light and now they are almost non-exsistent.....like last a day and are not heavy at all. Does anyone know if you can still get pregnant on it? Cuz they said it is 99% accurate and I cant afford another baby right now. It would be unfair to my daughter who is only 9 months and special needs to have to split her time with a brother or sister.....hhhmmmm.....i dont know....

delaineysmama

Asked by delaineysmama at 2:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had mine for just over one year. I love it. MY cycles are very light now, basically just light spotting.
    If you are worried about being pregnant then take a test.
    But it is common for women to stop having a cycle. Just enjoy it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I already took a test but im scared.....i dont know....maybe i should just go to the dr.....the test was negative but it was negative when i was pregnant with my daughter and i didnt know i was pregnant until i was 3 months.....but i do enjoy it a little
    delaineysmama

Answer by delaineysmama at 2:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• when i had mine after 6months i had nothing at all too where i had a few scares but was told it is very un likely you will get pregnant only way it happens is if for some reason the iud moves
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2009