pised

If your own mother didnt send a bday card or even call? we havent tlked in 2 months because of the rotton things she did. we still even send her pics of the baby with no thanks. wth but i get no card or even a call to say happy bday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• No, I wouldn't get "pissed," because birthday cards/gifts/wishes are a privilege. I'm not entitled to those things.

I would be sad, though, especially if it was someone I cared about.

Anonymous

• I don't think I would have expected a card from her if we had not spoken in two months. Oftentimes, when relationships are broken, people really don't know what to do. If she is one who does rotten things, I would not expect that she would send a birthday card. So if you were expecting one, maybe she is not as rotten as you want to think she is. It just seems to me that if I truly believed that someone was rotten, I would not be looking to receive a card or anything else from that person.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I'm going through the same thing. Some people are just too full of themselves. They expect royal treatment and want to treat you like a dog.(To make themselves feel better.)
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• This is sad, especially since you cared. I wouldn't be mad, since relations are poor between you. She must be very mad and upset. She may be saying to you "why should I wish you a happy birthday or give you a present if you are mean to me." It isn't, perhaps, the right attitude. And you are sending her baby pictures, which she should thank you for but must be too mad. But if you and she are fighting... well it would have been nice of her to try for a reconciliation, but maybe you and she spoke mean words to each other and she is afraid if she says or does anything that it will be more of the same and she doesn't want to be hurt anymore.

Answer by Bmat at 2:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't send them to my kids or my grandkids. It doesn't mean I don't love them. I might send an email saying Happy Birthday but sometimes I screw up and forget that as well. Sometimes we old folks just think stuff like that is silly. Sorry, but that's my opinion. I don't celebrate holidays either. (not a religious thing)

Answer by admckenzie at 3:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• notpissed but i would just get upset b/c i know i was pissed off at my mom at the time of her b-day and we didnt talk but i was courteous enough to think about her and send her a b-day card in the mail even though we dont live that far from eachother. i would expect her to do the same thing back but if she didnt then i wud be like ok then i guess ur gunna be like that i understand and keep it inside and burry it deep down inside
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 4:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• my mom never gives me cards or phone calls on special days.....I am not anything about it....my mom has never cared
    Anonymous