Does anyone know of a midwife willing to deliver a VBAC in AZ?

I have had 3 kids. My first was a C-section, the second and third were VBAC. I had my second as a homebirth in CA, and my third here in an AZ hospital. I have heard it is illegal, but i am curious since i have great pregnancies and have had 2 succesful VBACs, if it changes things?

Guamom

Asked by Guamom at 3:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know of any personally, but here is a very good link that could be of use to you!
    http://vbacfacts.com/2008/03/08/finding-a-vbac-supportive-ob-or-midwife/
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 3:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• You can always find doula's in your area and ask them. In some states it's illegal for certified nurse midwives to attend vbacs, or out of hospital births, etc. You may need to find an underground midwife, or a CPM to deliver you. :) Some places allow midwives to attend after 1 succesful vbac, so with two I don't know what the issue would be! :)

Just do a search of AZ midwives on google, tons of info comes up then find one close and call and ask!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009