head injury

Ever since my son started walking, he seems like he is always bumping into something. He fell back and ht his head on the tile 4 hours ago. We called the nurse and she said not to let him go to bed for an hour. We waited and he took an hour long nap. He woke up and ate, and now he is playing. I am still worried. Should I take him to the hosptial?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldn't worry. if you kept him up and he woke up from his nap than that rules out any major concussion (normally they won't wake up). hes not throwing up, and acting weird and normally with head injuries that is what you would see. kids are so much more resilient than we think they are, i dont know how many times i've thought i should take my daughter in right then and there for her to cry for 5 secs and be up like a shot doing the same thing that got her hurt in the first place. just keep an eye on him, if he starts acting out of character or his eyes look weird (pupils not dilating correctly, hazy that kind of thing) i would go ahead and take him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If he's acting fine, I wouldn't worry.
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_should-i-let-my-toddler-fall-asleep-after-hes-had-a-serious_12348.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My kid's head stayed bumped up and bruised from walking, just keep an eye and your the mommy, you know whats normal for your kid, If he acts fine and looking ok, then stop worrying so much (I know, easy to say hard to do) but I'm sure he's fine. Most kids are. Good luck and hope all is well.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2009