CONCERN FOR LITTLE GIRL

HOW DO YOU HELP A LITTLE GIRL, WHO CRIES OUT TO YOU, IS ALWAYS AT MY HOUSE, YES I FEED HER CLOTH HER,AND DO WHAT I CAN, BUT DEEP DOWN IT IS JUST TEARING ME UP, KNOWING THAT HER MOM IS DOING THINGS THAT ARE BAD FOR THE KIDS TO C, THEY KNOW MORE THEN SHE THINKS,CPS HAS BEEN CALLED, BUT THEY DONT DO THERE JOB RIGHT UNTIL ITS TO LATE,THEY FOUND THINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE PUT HER BEHIND BAR'S SO WHAT DOES IT TAKE,SO RIGHT NOW I AM ONERLOADED, WITH EMOTIONS,AND HAVE MY OWN ISSUES,HELP ME CAFE MOMS WHAT SHOULD I DO, I TRY TO STAY OUT OF THE CPS THING BUT WONDER IF I SHOULD CALL TO

baybee7171

Asked by baybee7171 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I know it is hard to think about doing that to somebody but if it is as bad as you say it is then it is past due it dont matter what happens to the mom if the child dont get help now then whos to say something really bad is not going to happen sooner or later it is not your responsibility to care for her child you have your own family to worry about and to help the child then you need to make an report if you dont and something happens then you will feel worse sorry for the place your in i was there once with inlaws kids
    brianna77

Answer by brianna77 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If it's truly like you say, CPS would have done something.
    Anonymous

• It never hurts to call CPS. If you have a valid concern they will check it out. Some don't realize CPS can also HELP the mom get needed services, teach parenting skills, provide resources for community supports to help the mom become a better parent. They are not always about taking kids away. They try their best to keep the family intact and help the family.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I would say the same thing. CPS will do something with valid info....HOWEVER they try to be very careful in taking kids away from their mothers. BUT i have also seen them take kids away for way less than others....so maybe the cps in your area are a bunch of idiots....try calling the cops and voicing your concern....sometimes they may do more than cps...or get them more involved if they see something not so right. As for you....you are wonderful for helping her. all i can say is i have been in your situation before and i just kept doing what i could for the kid. have her over as often as you can and as often as you are comfortable with. trust me....it will work out for the child.....good luck
    delaineysmama

Answer by delaineysmama at 7:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i would def call
    RyanMarie

Answer by RyanMarie at 12:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009