Does anyone else have....

a way to prepare themselves for a family function with the in-laws? In general my inlaws are decent people but that does not stop them from getting on my nerves at times. I was just thinking about tomorrow. I need to mentally prepare my brain for dimwitted conversation with my BILs' wife, I think she is trying to promote the stereotype of a dumbblonde and one way conversation with my SIL, she is very self centered and an attention hog so getting a word in edgewise is damn near impossible. One at a time might be alright but together they are just like high school girls and remind me why I hated high school. Ugghhh.... Maybe the easter bunny will bring me ear plugs :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i always have a bottle of wine at home waiting for me. that way i can just keep thinking, hmmm when i get home, put DD in bed, take long hot bath with book and glass of wine. so it keeps me smiling. mine are generally good but they also drive me nuts b/c they are very old fashioned and always seem to find a way to disagree with my opinions and make it sound like they arent.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Make frequently long trips to the rest room, some one asks you must have eaten something bad! LOL
    Anonymous

• BEER, beer is always a good thing when around the in laws!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i simply just dont go. me n my man been together for little over 2 years and i lived with his parents for about 3 months since i moved out i havent been back
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 4:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree w/ lapcounter, have a few beers, you'll be good to go. I know I would if I wasn't preggo!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2009