My Grandson Has Fetal Alochol Syndrome can anyone advise my daughter will not give him to me.

gia1955

Asked by gia1955 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Take her to court,and petition for custody,and good luck.Get you a good lawyer.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Did she know she was pregnant when she was drinking?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• That child will need specialized care and can have many problems, some may not show up until later. If you are worried, petition the courts for custody of the child. Is there a reason that you feel she can't be a good parent? Other than the drinking while pregnant? (Which is bad enough). Talk to an attorney, most have free consultations. Good luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• contact social services
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Sorry but alcoholism is an illness. your daughter needs treatment. this does not mean the child deserves to lose his mom. she made a really, really, big mistake yes, but in no way does that mean she has to just give you the child. What about the child's father? Or his other grandparents? All those people are just as entitled to custody of this child if the mom is deemed unfit. I really hope social services can get this mom the help she needs to take care of HER child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 18, 2009