sorry if tmi, but should i call the doc?

Ok so I was getting out of the car and I really had to go to the bathroom and kegals did not work lol, well it leaked all down my leg! I'm 37 weeks measuring 38, could my water have broken? I was induced with my first so I don't know what it feels like when ur water breaks naturally.. Also babys been really active today. Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you tried to stop yourself from "peeing" and it didnt stop...then you prolly did break your water...smell it..if it smells like piss...then u peed..so call ur doctor =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My water broke at home and it was just small gushes of water. Almost like I was peeing but couldn't control it and it was in spurts. My Doc said that it doesnt necessarily just gush out a ton that it can just be a small hole and gushes out slowly...so yes! it could be your water and congrats!!!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• are you having contractions??? it doesnt sound like your water breaking... it would be a huge gush all over you pants and down both legs. smell it if it smells like urine then its pee if it odesnt call the dr.

Anonymous

• You dont have to have contractions after your water breaks to go straight into labor..for some contractions wont start til hours wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy later... and sometimes ur water breaks and nothing happens so the doctors have to give u a shot =P
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i know that misskellee
    i was just asking another question.
    Anonymous

• I know whenever my water broke, it just broke, I never felt like I just had to go to the bathroom. It happened so suddenly though that I thought that I had peed myself. But I kind of agree if you tried to stop it and couldn't then perhaps it was your water. Call you doc. Last time they had me come to the office, they put a little strip on my wet underwear ( I kept leaking on the way to the office) and the strip turned whatever color it needs to for it to be your water. Both times when my water broke, I didn't feel contractions until 4 hours later.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• oh my bad...sorry then anon =P

i miss read what you wrote..i thought you were saying that since she didnt mention anything about contractions that her water didnt break =P my B
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Put on a pad. If it stays wet, it is probably your water breaking. If it doesn't get any wetter that it was probably pee.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It sounds like your water. I woke at 5 am with a soaked bed and wasn't sure myself. I changed clothes and laid a towel in bed and it was soaked 1.5 hours later. If you don't want to have interventions then stay home until you absolutely can't handle the contractions anymore. Once they stick their fingers up there you will have to deliver in 24 hours or risk infection. As long as nothing has been put up there the infection risk is extremely small. My contractions didn't really kick in at all until about 9 am and by 11 am I was in transition and headed to the hospital. i had called my midwife as soon as she opened and that is what she told me to do.
    Anonymous