To Moms Who Think Washing Cloth Diapers Would Be Gross....

When your baby leaks out of their diaper all over their clothes, sheets, etc. do you immediately throw those things away? Or do you toss them in your washing machine and wash them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When they leaked an icky watery poo...they went to the trash! Sorry!

If it was something I could shake out, I washed it. I am not one to think washing cloth diapers is gross though. Just not my preference.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i throw them in the wash and wash them. however its not something i have to do on a daily basis, and i dont have to take it to the toilet first to empty poop out of it. and i don't have to wait until i have a full load of poopy clothes or sheets, i can just throw those in. but if i had to wash cloth diapers, i wouldnt wash them with other clothes (and poop/pee sheets, clothes etc dont get washed with other clothes either) so i'd have to wait to have a full load of dirty diapers. i just couldnt deal with that on a daily basis.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Depends... some things go in the garbage... too nasty to try to get the stains out. Other things I try but if after a wash or 2 the stains are still there it goes in the garbage as well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Ok so if you dont mind I have some questions about cloth diapers. I have never used cloth diapers but am considering it in order to save some money. So would you mind answering some questions, they might be silly?
    -Where can one buy cloth diapers? Do they sell them at Walmart or Target?
    -How many come in a pack? I always imagined that you have to keep washing them all day long over and over.
    -What do you like the most about them over the alternative?
    -I would imagine you have to wash the poopy ones right away and alone right?
    -Does it stain?
    -How does it work: is there pins you use or velcro?
    Sorry to be answering your question with more questions--I would PM you but youre anon--if you want you can PM the answers
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• neither of my kids leaked on bed or their clothes. And if they did I would just toss them in the wash. Big difference in a little leakage and dumping poo out of a diaper before I even put it in the washer....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son has NEVER leaked through his diapers. And if he did, I would see how bad the mess was and decide from there.
    Anonymous

• There's a huge difference between washing diapers and washing clothes.

Diapers have to be washed following specific directions, in hot enough water and dried at a hot enough temperature.
    Anonymous

• id wash them seperate from other clothes and see if stains come out .. i use cloth and havnt ever had that problem but ds hasnt had any problem with blowouts as of yet
    atowne

Answer by atowne at 5:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2009