Morning Sickness Question.

I have had major morning sickness the past few days. To the point where nothing sounds good and nothing looks good to me. I have thrown up a ton and I am still getting plenty of fluids and taking my vitamin. I have been able to eat some ginger snaps and some crackers here and there. My question is that when I do get hungry, I crave horrible foods and I am normally a VERY healthy eater. Like now I am starving and want a pizza. I hate pizza normally and I randomly eat it, whereas fish I love and cannot stand to even hear the word. YUCK! is it bad that I am going to eat unhealthy with these cravings or is it better to just eat nothing at all?

tinalloyd

Asked by tinalloyd at 5:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as you don't eat something that is not food (bleach, dirt etc..) than you are fine. i think its better that you eat something and be able to keep it down than try to eat something else and have it all come back up. the morning sickness doesn't last the whole time and eventually you will be able to get back to eating what you like. try having a side salad with your pizza or something along those lines if that will make you feel better. (with my first all i wanted was junk food, pizza, nachos, tacos, hot dogs, chocolate etc...and she turned out perfectly fine and healthy. im working on number 2 and all i want with him is steak, eggs, potatoes, hamburgers (homemade big juicy ones not some fast food crap) and that kind of thing. so each one is gonna be diff
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Thanks so much! Makes me feel better!!!
    tinalloyd

Answer by tinalloyd at 5:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I am also sick (all day long 24/7 for the last 6 weeks). My doctor told me not to worry so much about eating super healthy, to just make sure I'm eating and drinking. No food has sounded good for a long time. The only think I KNOW I can eat for sure is lucky charms. I've gone through 2 boxes in a week! Everything else I can eat one day and the next day throw it up. Have you tried Zofran from your doctor? It helps you stop throwing up as much, but honestly I still feel nauseated most of the day.
    purduegrad2005

Answer by purduegrad2005 at 8:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2009