Have you ever yelled at your kids?

Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• every day. b/c she doesn't listen, she gets into something she shouldn't be, she takes an outlet cover off and tries to put a paint brush in it....who hasn't yelled at their kids i think would be more the question
    Anonymous

• I don't yell at my child all the time. I have once or twice because of my own issues and being over tired. I don't think it is ok at all though.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes sometimes it is needed. Anyone who says they don't is a liar and if they haven't yet they will.

Anonymous

• u liars everyone yells at their kids gosh i hate how fake you all are
    Anonymous

• Yep, when she isn't listening or is trying to talk over me.
    Anonymous

• I can't believe that you are acting like it is ok to do that. It's wrong. I mean yeah everyone may have done it but it doesn't make it right and you shouldn't be proud of it.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Maybe 2-3 times a day on days we're together all day. I don't mean to, but I have a bad temper. She has delays and it leads to her being very whinny and crying instead of using her words (she's three). I don't mean to yell at her, but occasionally I will snap at her. Sometimes I can be really selfish and yell at her if she gets into my scrapbooking stuff, or being rough with my computer. In hindsight, I always feel terrible, and wish I hadn't yelled, but I'm not perfect. It is something I am working on though. I know that all parents yell from time to time, but I do actively try not to yell, and I think that's important.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes, I yell at my kids. They are adults and sometimes, well.. they just need someone to knock them down a few pegs.. I volunteer for that everytime!

LOL!!!

Who doesn't!!!
    Anonymous

• yup when DS hits his sister, he gets yelled at... if DD is doing something dangerous, I will yell at her and tell her that is bad...
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do, I feel horrible sometimes. It's like he won't do what I say unless I'm really loud. I don't scream though
    Anonymous