percentile chart

If my son was in the 95% tile when he was a infant and now as a toddler is in the 25%tle is that normal? For them to drop that much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• Not sure about that one, but my toddler/preschooler (he just turned 3) was in the 99th percentile for weight and height as an infant. Now, he's in the 75th for weight and 95th for height.

That would be something to bring up to your pediatrician.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son was off the charts until he was a year old because he was huge, then he was off the chart because he was a shrimp. I think it is more normal than people think. If your pediatrician isn't worried then I wouldn't be. As long as your son is growing in height and weight, he should be fine. My son is now almost 13 yrs old and is in the 25th percentile. He grows steadily so I and his doctor are not worried.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It's very normal. As a matter of fact most people I know with children have this concern very frequently. I don't know where they get those percentiles from anyway, LOL! As long as your child is thriving and healthy don't sweat it.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2009