What kind of depression do you have?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Economic depression. The economy is destroying my business and everything I've worked hard for.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Not sure. Not diagnosed, but I know I am clinically depressed.
    Anonymous

• Clinical Depression. I run the Mental Illness Support Group here on Cafemom...come and join us.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yup, I'm clinically depressed. Seeing a counselor on a weekly basis.
    Anonymous

• I used to be bipolar. God had taken it away when I asked him to.
    I've been bipolar free for six months now.
    Anonymous

• That is wonderful Anon 5:21 I know God can do anything, but my ex SIL says God took it from her too years ago... but she's wrong. I'm not saying you are, I am saying I've never heard of that other than her case which is bogus because she's destroyed her marriage, and her relationship with both of her kids because she's positive she doesn't need medication and has abused them to the point of them not wanting to even speak to her (my neice ended up cutting herself to try to deal with it).
    I hope you have yourself checked regularly just to ensure yours and your children's safety and please don't take that as bashing, I only know the people that I know that have it really do need the medication and it has to be monitored regularly.
    Anonymous

• the kind that gets on my doggone nerves on a cyclical basis

Answer by admckenzie at 7:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I believe it's called dysthymia....and I believe I've suffered from it since childhood. Genetics and certain unfortunate events certainly play a large role in this. BTW about the God thing written above; IF YOU BROKE YOUR LEG WOULD YOU ASK GOD TO FIX IT? I'm not saying God doesn't answer prayers; but depression is a physical and mental illness. There is a reason there are doctors...and you could pray all day, but God won't fix a broken leg! God gives us the means and ability to seek help for physical things...but God also takes care of and helps us to have the right spirit while in our current condition. I have a lot to learn about this myself....
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• what is considered clinical?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I was diagnosed with MDD, or major depressive disorder.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009