Do you think its strange, or even gross to see a picture of someone breastfeeding? I am not against it, but I feel like some things should be kept private. I would feel that way if it was a picture of a man sucking on a boob too, so its not about the baby, I just think in general its not an image I want in my head. This is not an attack, and I dont want a huge battle about this. I am curious on how women feel about it

Mom2Rylin

Asked by Mom2Rylin at 5:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats exactly what I mean, I am fine with breastfeeding, but I dont really care to see a boob hanging out no matter what is being done with it. I especially wouldnt post it so millions of strangers on this website could see. I clicked on a picture to see what the picture was and it was someone brestfeeding, I just was caught off guard
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Earlier today I came across a profile where someone had a picture that looked like she was breastfeeding, uh, **not a baby. I think thats gross and something I dont need to see; I dont need to see what goes on in your bedroom. But when I see mothers breastfeeding their baby sometimes I think they should cover up (that is if they are just lettin it flop out there) but most of the time I just see them as feeding their baby so im cool with it.
    Anonymous

• I don't want to come across someone's profile picture of them BF. I do not find it appropriate. call me a prude or whatever but I do not want to see another woman's boob no matter what she is doing with it.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I agree with ZaTa. Someone in one of my groups has a group for breastfeeding toddlers, and she has a ziggy with a slide show of toddlers breastfeeding, and it was on every one of her posts. I am all about breastfeeding, but I don't want to see your breasts.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I love how the first answerer said "I dont need to see what goes on in your bedroom" like that is where breastfeeding takes place...

I feel more comfortable looking at a baby or toddler or child even - being breastfed than seeing a baby/toddler/child with a bottle or a pacifier in their mouth, to be completely honest.

Seeing a child breastfeeding to me is art, beautiful.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I don't agree with women who totally expose themselves in front of strangers but when you have to feed baby you don't always have time to find a private spot. However, even then you can cover up a bit better then some moms do. Most malls have family rooms for mom's to go to.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• " I would feel that way if it was a picture of a man sucking on a boob too, so its not about the baby"

And this is why we need to change our viewpoint. BREASTFEEDING IS NOT SEXUAL. Breasts are made to feed babies. Period. It's just a nice bonus that men like them. Get over it and teach your children to be comfortable with their bodies and with WHAT THEY WERE MEANT TO DO.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 6:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• To me, seeing a picture of someone breastfeeding is the same as seeing them out in public and that is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE to me!

aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 6:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Its a nice bonus that men love whats between our legs too, but I'll pass on seeing a baby come out of it.
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Just cover up, thats all. My hubby walked into the living room to find his sister breastfeeding, both boobs just hanging out. Traumatized much? I think thats an understatement! Just have respect for others and drape something over you. Really, how hard is it? And please dont post public pictures of it for everyone to see. Sometimes we come across a picture or siggy and really did not want to see that, even though I'm sure your boobs are beautiful :)
    Anonymous