I was watching Fox News earlier.....

and they were talking about covering the tea parties on Wed. They brought up an interesting point. Do you think the main stream media (cnn,msnbc, abc, cbs...ect) will cover this? Cover it fairly (or will they claim all in attendence are R crazies)?

Many of you will say this isn't a news event. I disagree. This looks like it will be a fairly significant, country wide protest. Whether you agree with their stance or not you have to admit this looks to be a LARGE group of AMERICANS who don't like the FISCAL decisions being made. I don't think they will cover it extensivly and what they DO cover will be spkoen of with disdain and disrespect for he views held by those doing the protesting.

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They can ignore or or try to slant it their way, but the people will know differently. These events will also be covered by local newspapers and local news. Then of course their are a zillion sites on the internet that will get hold of the real deal.

If you are going to a tea party take your camera, a video camera if you have one. The more video/photos of the real situations we have the better.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If it's news, then it will be covered by major networks. News is news.
    Anonymous

• Anon, you must live under a rock.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• excuse me??? YOU said in your post that....

Many of you will say this isn't a news event. I disagree.

and i said that news is news.  meaning that i agree with your statement!  it's news.  wtf is your problem?

Anonymous

• no they won't. And yes I will be having my own in the local dinner where I live.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I am sorry I must not have been clear enough. I think it's news. I don't think that THEY will necessarily think it's news, or that if it is, it is worthy of their disdain. I do NOT think the main stream media follow your belief that news is news when it comes to political news.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i still don't get your attitude and why the hell you think i live under a rock because i posted my very simple answer.
    Anonymous

• Because your answer implied that the afore mentioned stations cover news fairly. They don't. and unless you have been living under a rock for the past 2 yrs you know this to be true. Now, to give credit where credit is due, they DO cover sensational current events and celebrities pretty equally, but in NO way can anyone consider the political coverage fair. Anything to do with republicans is n the best case scenario dismissed and in the worst case, out right ridiculed and mocked. I think this is significant news (if as large as it looks to be) and I wonder whether they will cover it. And I am not sure of the "attitude" you are subscribing to me, I simply asked if you had been living under a rock. No expletives or attitude just a simple observation.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I was watching Fox News earlier.....

That's where you messed up. Change the channel.LOL
    Anonymous

• ok so i give a simple, to the point answer, and you just come to the conclusion that i have no idea what's going on in this country? that i have no clue about the media? well my 'simple observation' is that you are just looking for an argument on this subject. a debate you obviously are sitting there waiting for and you jump on my answer because i was the first to reply. relax a bit hon. don't be so quick to judge.
    Anonymous