Why do you think so many women are so awkward about seeing breastfeeding?

I mean, sure, that's their problem, they don't have to look at it, and nobody is forcing them to stare.

But, why is it, as mammals and creatures who naturally breastfeed openly and naturally infront of all - do lots of our own start shying away from what once was not given a second thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because pornography is a huge issue in this country and we're taught from an early age that sexuality is taboo and gross.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It is not the breast feeding part... it is the boob part.... I don't want to see your boobs... no I don't stare, I probably wouldn't notice if I was walking past you sitting on the bench openly whipping your tit out to feed your kid. But I don't want to come on a site like this and see pictures of it posted on the pages I frequent.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think its because they are inmature and see breast as a sexual object I think breastfeeding is wonderful I wish I would have done it with all of my children
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i agree w/ zata
    Anonymous

• Hahaha, I bet Zata formula fed.
    Anonymous

• I think its because they are inmature

eye rolling naturally.... that HAS to be it..... a difference of opinion MUST mean I am immature...

ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Actually I did... with both my children...cause guess what- I DON'T MAKE MILK!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I did breastfeed and I still find it awkward to see it in public, not because it is anything sexual or porn about it, only because it is not seen that much.

Sorry but porn does not come to mind when I see a mother breastfeeding her child. IMO I think people are shying away because it is not natural in today's society. My mother did not breastfeed her mother did not but I did, and it was hard, I knew only one other person that breastfeed.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Let the bashing begin....
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• seriously??? Nope not jealous at all. And you want my doctor's phone number? Oh wait... not gonna give to someone who is too pathetic to stand by their stupid pot shots....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2009