What's The #1 Reason?

What is the #1 reason for why you wouldn't consider cloth diapering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Too messy to clean up!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• B/c its just easier for me to take a diaper off and throw it away. I'm already so busy as it is I don't need anything else to have to wash. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it b/c I wore cloth diapers when I was a baby, but its just not for me.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I find it absolultey gross. Plus it's easier just to throw the diaper away.
    Anonymous

• Preference...I'd rather change by child's dirty diaper at the mall and discard it than throw a cloth one in a bag to carry around to take home and wash. I'd also worry about leakage.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My washer is old. There is no way I would feel that it did a good enough job cleaning fecal matter. I can handle dirt and food, but fecal matter, don't trust the machine.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• it is just too gross for me to deal with
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Uses more energy to clean/dry cloth diapers, puts more soap and chemicals into the sewer and takes much more time than using disposables.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't want to wash them... and I don't have the money to pay someone else to do it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I live in an apartment that has no washer/dryer hookups so ontop of everything else to do every day I would have to take a special trip to the Laundry mat to wash diapers!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i've heard of cloth diapering services.. where trucks come by to deliver clean cloth diapers and pick up your icky ones. i also heard it's not too costly and some people have even bought a few months service as a baby shower gift...

but..honestly i never had a reason to not consider it.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 7:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009