Advice about ex-lover

We met 21 years ago & saw each other for about a year. I don't even know why we stopped seeing each other. (We lived in different towns.) I moved out of state & returned a couple years later w/my new bf (now my ex-husband). A mutual friend told me Scott told her he still had feelings for me. I have never forgotten the great times with Scott. I married/divorced, tried the whole reconciliation thing. I am now at the point where enough is enough & it's time to move on-think of myself for a change. I looked for Scott several times & never called any of the # I found or wrote to any of the addresses. Last night I called the # I had found for a man I thought was his brother -- I was right. Once Scott got my # he called right away!!! We said that we would stay in touch-I want to call now! The # is listed under a different last name & initials-could be a woman? Should I write/call/wait for him. My oldest says wait a week.

bomawa5nfl

Asked by bomawa5nfl at 6:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• You don't have to wait any certain amount of time. The only way to know if he is with a woman is by asking. If he's single, then proceed with the relationship and good luck to you. If he's married or involved with someone, reconsider your actions. Either way good luck to you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• how did you end the convo when he called?>
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• A week is too long. If he called right away, don't play games, call him now, and best of luck!

Answer by Bmat at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Go for it girl. He might of been the one who got away!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If it's a woman, it could just be a roommate or someone that's living there, like a roommates girlfriend...
    I'd call if it was me, if it's his girlfriend then she'll surely let you know that he's hers by asking how you know him or why you're calling.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• wait? for what? I wouldn't wait. You've waited long enough

Answer by admckenzie at 6:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009