How would you feel

I recently found out I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins, I have 5 other children, I am happily married, all of my children have the same father with the exception of my eldst (she was the fortunate result of an unfortunate rape) anyway: I am 25 and a stay at home mom, I am excited about the twins but when I tell my close friends they say really were you planning on having another one? Why does it matter it is done it isn't like I can give them back, and we can afford the kids finacially my kids range in age from 7 to almost 2, I have a 7,5,4,3, and 22month old and twins on the way aparently I want to be happy but it is hard when people respond with critisim. And no by the way we were not trying to have another one

full_house

Asked by full_house at 6:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Congrats! And as for everyone else, tll them to shove it. I am pregnant with #4, and it seems everyone has this image that 2 kids is plenty, and thinks everyone else should think that way too. Who cares if you were trying or not. Babies happen for a reason andyou could have been on every type of birthcontrol imaginable and if those babies are ment to be here, God will find a way. Good luck, and just ignore them, as hard as that sounds. You know that they will change their minds once they are born, and if they dont they dont deserve to be in your life. Good luck honey.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with a big family, look at the Duggar family, with 18. If I were younger I would try for more. Still considering adoption.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• congrats! but i feel u- im 24- i would have had a 7 yr old (he passed away shortly after birth) and i have a 5 yr old a 3 1/2 yr old and a 20 month old and im 27 weeks pregnant- people keep asking me if ill be tying my tubes now and if i want more or like most recently i was told to adopt my girl (i have all boys) instead of trying again- it gets on my last nerves because im like- am i asking u to pay for my kids or raise them? no so mind ur own business! lol- but i love the looks on their faces when i tell them were not done till we hit 20 (its not true but i like to have a little fun! lmao)
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If you can afford your children, and your children aren't being neglected because you are spread too thin, then by all means, have as many children as your body can handle. Every child, planned or not, should be a blessing to someone. Forget it as best as possible. There is a woman I know that has 5 children and her husband wants more. All of his family tells him he is crazy, but he is happy with his children, loves being a dad, and thinks his wife is amazing. He knows that they could do it. Regardless of the circumstances, you will love these two just as much as you love the other 5. And that is all that matters! Congratulations!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I wouldnt judge you if you had 18 kids! 1.) you have the ability and resources to take care of more and 2.) the love in your heart is what really matters! screw the uptight people!

p.s. I love to watch the duggars and think that they are great. If you can handle that many and want that many HAVE them!!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Wow. I love this story. My family (sibilings) has six kids My oldest sister has a different day then us. Then there is two more girls, twins, a boy and a girl and me. You'll be fine, congrats.I loved being a part of a big family. And don't worry what anyone else says, if you are happy, thats all that matters. My dad for the longest time told me I was born because that year a new van was comming out (a seven seater) and for only 108 dollars more he could get an eight seater, so he said why not? and here I am. lol I believed that story until I was 15, then come to find out thats not why I was born. lol They did get the van with eight seats tho. haha
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It's your life. If you chose to have more kids and are happy about the outcome, then everyone else can stick it up their nose.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009