Ok so in continuation with the breastfeeding and mothers not wanting to see it questions....

Moms who breastfeed; Do you feel offended when you see a woman BREASTFEED without covering it with a blanket?

Moms who bottle feed; Do you feel offended when you see a mom BOTTLE FEED openly with covering it with a blanket?

Are the people who don't want to see people breastfeed the ones who DIDNT end up breastfeeding themsleves?

Are the people who don't want to see bottle feeding the ones who only ever breastfed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't get offended- I don't want to see it. Point. Blank. Period. No I don't produce milk so I formula fed! And no that doesn't mean I am jealous or anything like that.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I just don't care to see someone's nipples hanging out...sorry! And it does happen. It's a very personal thing between you and baby and should probably stay that way. There are lots of pervs.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I breastfed for a little while. I only covered up in front of my father in law. It doesn't bother me if I see someone breastfeeding. There is a way it can be done inappropriately, but why should anyone care if they are just feeding their baby? it's a little weird, but that's just because we've been taught that being naked is a naughty thing
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I didn't get a chance to breastfeed in public, just to clarify, so the only people who ever saw me feed were my husband and my mother in law
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I didn't produce enough milk of my own to benefit either of my children, and probably due to going through chemo.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear that IRA871, but I don't think you read the question....
    Anonymous

• I don't have a problem with breast feeding, did not with my first plan on trying with my second. However I don't want to see a woman's nipples hanging out all over the place while I am walking around. It's not hard to throw a blanket over your shoulder, or to use an area that is specifically designated for feeding, or use a restroom. However I will also say, if I am in a doctors office or someplace like that, than that is a different story. Sitting at a restaurant table, on a bench in the mall, or someplace along those lines with your breasts hanging out is just unappropriate to me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I loved breastfeeding, but i also formula fed (bf daughter, ff son) I am not offended by either one. Each mom should have their own option, whether to FF or BF. Its up to them, and no one should judge them otherwise.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I breastfed, but I don't want to look at other's breasts. I covered if I were around any other people.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I breastfed 2 and formula fed 2 of mine so I don't care either way. I tried to be as discreet as possible because I was the one who didn't like my milk laden teat flopped out for the world to see. I would never feed my child in a restroom though because someone farting and pooping around my child seems kind of gross. I really only did it in public if I HAD to.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009