Odd Bone behavior

We can give our dogs bones when we leave to go somewhere but they never eat them till we get home and are laying by us. Why is that? Is it a pack thing lol?

deedee3849

Asked by deedee3849 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe they're waiting till they have your permission to eat them? Or maybe they just like having you there touching them while they snack?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Weird now that I think about it my dog does that with his food. We will feed him before we leave and it will still be in his bowl when we get back then he snarfs it. This is my thought on it dogs cannot tell time therefore they have no clue when you will be back again to feed them or give them a bone so they save it untill it is needed or when they see that you are back and will feed them again (if that makes any sense lol).
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My little dog will not eat anything until we come home and if one of us leaves he will not eat. I think they just worry about us they like there family being home with them it makes them feel better. You know they are people dogs
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 12:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009