Constipation

My son is 2 years old and has a problem with being constipated alot. I was just wondering what are some things I can do to help keep him regular?

ScorpioSweetie

Asked by ScorpioSweetie at 6:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• fiber rich foods. Maybe a cup of apple juice a day.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Fiber is a great thing....check labels. Lots of whole grain foods have fiber in them. Also, green veggies are high in fiber - broccoli and green beans. Also, prunes are really high in fiber.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• If the constipation is very severe and fiber isn't working then you may want to check with your pediatrician. Miralax is an over the counter solution, but I always like to check on little ones anyway. It isn't harsh like a laxative and really just pushes fluids into their intestines to help and clear them. Whether using Miralax or not, fluids are very necessary and helpful. The Miralax is actually a powder that you dissolve in their drink (non milk bc milk is constipating by nature) and has been suggested by our doctor for several of my kids during times of problems like that.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• apple juice will definitely make him go . . it works every time for my son . . but make sure he's getting enough fruits and vegetables in his diet . .

BeautifulMomof1

Answer by BeautifulMomof1 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2009