Have you ever been charged an "accident response fee?"

Fees on everything are going up due to the economy, and many states are looking to charge for the police response.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30162245/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Thx for the thought anon :56, but I can't click it lol. copy and paste should work.
    Anonymous

• Story here

Anonymous

• Yes, I have been charged for a false alarm response at my store, and for the fire dept to respond when we had a broken pipe when I was a restaurant manager. They have been doing this for years in Minneapolis.

These weren't life threatening situations, though, so that may be why.,
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• We haven't been charged that here at home yet. But at the cottage on Cape Cod...it's a private road, so if the cops come for any disturbance, etc. We'll have a small fee....like $50.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• wth? I linked it. I don't know why it didn't work. lol. Sorry I have to do that when someone provides a link, so I can read it.
    Anonymous

• BTW, I think it's pretty stupid. Don't us little people pay enough for the top dogs who are over things?
    Anonymous

• The fire and ems departments in my Mom's hometown have been charging for years. Costs around 800 for an ambulance.
    Anonymous

• I had a birthday party once and my asshole neighbor called the cops at 9pm. I got a $250 ticket which I paid. Six months later I get a bill for the same amount so I go down to show my proof of payment and they tell me it is a seperate $250 charge to pay for the cops.
    Anonymous

• Where I used to live, they only started charging after 3 or 5 false alarms (can't remember which). That might make sense, but otherwise it's stupid. I can just see it, some woman is getting the crap beaten out of her and is afraid to call the cops because of THE COST.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2009