how do i know if my baby has "dropped"?

my belly was really high, like right under my ribs and now its way lower, i used to have a little shelf right under my boobs and its gone now. I'm 35 weeks ill be 36 on Monday this is my first pregnancy please help! =p

jak89

Asked by jak89 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• trust me you'd feel it, the first time it felt like he was going to fall out and i was bruised in my thighs the second time it didn't hurt that bad but made me walk like a duck the rest of the term.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 7:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• that usually is the sign if your belly gets lower then teh baby is lower . at least you rstarted high lol i started low . i didnt think she could get much lower lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I knew the baby had dropped because I could suddenly breathe again!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had this like.. Empty space in the top of my stomach, and the bottom was super tight, I had to basically waddle everywhere. But I could eat and breath better, and Heartburn went away. ohh so nice. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Like right above my vag. got harder, and my belly is lowering.. ;o
    That's how I know.
    Anonymous

• I never felt my baby drop. I could only tell by the way my belly was looking. It wasn't as high, and it dropped a lot!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• thanks for tour help everyone, i think it has dropped. i still have heartburn but not nearly as much =D.
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009