Just wondering if there is anybody out there who has any personal experience or things that they have done to make themselves go into labor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used Castor oil. Many people say that it is harmful, but doctors still recommend it. When I told my doctor that I took it he laughed and said " good, I didnt want to work 4th of july anyways!". lol. It does give most people diarrhea and it taste gross. I had to drink half a bottle, but I had her the next day. There are other ways (which were not working for me including waiting!) such as walking a lot(I walked to work every day and it didnt help me one bit), sex(not everyone is in the mood when they feel huge and uncomfy), bumpy rides, nipple stimulation. Best of Luck and dont try these unless your doctor tells you that it is ok for you to give birth.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i have NEVER heard of a good dr telling you to take castor oil. my dr warned if i did that it could be harmful to my baby
    Anonymous

• when my sis had her baby they did the whole nipple stimulation and heh hemm other fun things it helped her go into labor and they had fun at the same time i would say ask you doc and see what he recommends sorry i can't personally help i had a planned c-section!! good luck to you though
    Anonymous

• well now you have, my doctor is wonderful!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I walked about 2 miles and then lifted some light weights. Then I stretched a lot. My water broke that night.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My doc said castor oil makes your bowels loose, starting abdominal contractions. The problem is if baby get's castor oil in his/her system and has a bowel movement she/he can breath/swallow it. This can lead to respiratory problems.
    Anonymous