water in pacifiers

I have been boiling my baby's pacifiers to sanitize them...however, many get water inside, and condensation remains... doesn't seem like a healthy thing to have sitting inside (bacteria can grow, I would assume).
Anyone have the same problem... any recommendations?
Thanks! :)

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 7:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i only boiled my daughters once, when i first bought them, after that i would just wipe them down. but to get the water out the first time i boiled them i would squeeze the nipple to get it to squirt out a majority of the water. then lay them "nipple" up and allow them to air dry
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i tried using those kinds and yes i did notice that. i would have to expect drool and slobber gets trapped in there too which is kinda gross to think about. i would just squeeze as much out of it as possible..

or if it'd make you more comfortable switch to a solid rubber paci. like a soothie. but i'm not sure if they make them over 0+ months. if they do please, someone let me know.. because those're the only kind my daughter will ever use.

downside to my daughter's soothie, is that you cannot "strap" them onto anything. my daughter's learning to throw.. and we'll be traveling soon. i'm afraid we'll lose it at the airport O__o.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 7:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I have the pacifiers called soothies, theres no where for water to get it. Doctors use them more than any other binki. And they are easily likeable. =) maybe try these ones. You can get them anywhere. Green, blue and pink. About three bucks for two .
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• oOh i just remembered, there're also "Playtex Binkies".. it's a lot like a Soothie (being all rubber) but it has a rubber handle thingy too.. so THAT can strap on if you plan to travel like me.

my daughter was.. OK with it. but still preferred her Soothie.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 8:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• thanks!!! :)
    KellyJC

Answer by KellyJC at 11:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I've seen little dealies that strap to soothies. I think you can only buy them online tho. I know super helpful.. I can't remember what ther are called. Like 10 bucks online.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 3:14 AM on Apr. 13, 2009