How long did you breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 2 months. I would have loved to longer but at around 8 weeks PP I had to get gallbladder surgery and due to complications I was in the hospital for a week and had SO much Vicodin in my system due to the pain that I didnt want it to be passed on to my son. So I stopped. Hopefully if I ever have more children breastfeeding will be easier and I can do it for longer
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My first I breastfed until he was 10 months old, I had to stop due to the fact that it was starting to cause me to have bad cramping and I was 20 weeks pregnant. I'm breastfeeding my second son now, he's 2 months old, I plan to do child led weaning.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Me personally or how long have I breastfed my son? I was breast fed until 2 1/2 years. My son is 13 months and still breastfeeding, I just had a positive pregnancy test, so I'm going to the doctor on monday to get a blood test and make sure all is well. I plan on breastfeeding through most of my pregnancy. I don't know about tandem feeding yet (is that spelled right?) But I am Breastfeeding the next jsut as long. I think its a beautiful thing. =)
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son was 22 months when he stopped. My daughter is 29 months and still nurses before bed.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 13 months for the 1st, 7 months for the 2nd, and 15 months for the 3rd
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• With my first, I was able to breastfeed exclusively til 6 months, but when I went back to work, I had a hard time keeping my milk supply...it really tapered off when I started supplementing.

Knowing more about it than I did before, in large part to this site, I hope to breastfeed exclusively through one year. I work primarily from home though this time around...so hopefully it will go more smoothly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 6 months till the brat started biting.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The first time 3 days, then I had health complications that resulted in my having to stop. The second time I nursed for 15 months.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 15.5 months. My DD just weaned.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• 26 months/

Answer by gdiamante at 5:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2009