gasping? Could it be harmful?

When my fiance blows in our dd face (sometimes not even her face) she gasps but she thinks it is sooooo funny. could this be bad for her. she acts fine. Oh and she is 10 months too! just in case it matters

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope it is a reflex and can be very helpful. It is a good way to make babies gasp if they are ever crying and cant catch their breath, like if they get hurt or when they get shots, blow in their face and it makes them gasp, or catch their breath.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Not at all. She will be just fine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I do it my son and he LOVES it. He giggles so much. I just try not to do it too much or when he is in a bad mood.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I hear its good too when they have the hiccups!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• i blow slowly at my sons face when i is screaming and crying. I usually do it when I have tried everything else to calm him down. If he is all worked up and i blow air in his face he usually stops
    Anonymous

• It's fine and it's a reflex.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009