Why didn't God make Adam more than one woman?

If God wanted men to be dogs, why didn't he make Adam a set of honeys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Good Question, I really don't know. But I have a question for you, and anyone else that can answer...
    If God created Eve because Adam was not content/happy/fullfilled (call it what you want) with his life with God then why was the "fall" Eve's blame? Didn't Adam already fall from God once he desired something other then God.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• very very true and a good point i've never thought of it that way
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• lol, he didn't create them to be dogs, thats what the world does (and his own choices of course) =]
    jeana

Answer by jeana at 8:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think God made him only one woman because it was His intent that one woman should be enough to complete and help Adam for the rest of his life. I think man has messed up God's plan because when he is given free will, he does not choose correctly. God in His wisdom gave Adam the woman who was perfect for him in every way. He will still do that today if man will ask God to give him the perfect wife. The trouble is that most men or women either, for that matter, even bother to ask God about His choice of a mate for them. It is really a shame that all of us have become so independent of God and choose to do our own selecting rather than asking God for His choice. It would be a much more harmonious world if we did it right, and there for sure would be fewer divorces.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• He did. He made Lilith, and then he made Eve.
    Anonymous

• I think asking God to help you find your perfect mate will not gurantee you that you won't get divorced! Like someone else said, we were given free will and with that free will comes great responsiablitiy... People tend to lean towards what is easier for them! selfish I know, but true.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• well, God made man and women in His own image, so GOd's design wasnt for men to be "dogs". He intended men and women to walk with God and be in contact with God. But God also gave us a choice. We can Chose to walk with Him or to disobey and turn our backs to God. Eve and Adam ( i put eve first because the snake got eve to eat the apple first and then she got adam to) decided to listen to the serpent and eat from the one tree that God told them not to.... so it is a person's choice whether or not they want tto be dogs. God intended one women and one man together, that is how it was at creation, but man drifted from that ect..... So yeah... that is my take on it all..... Blessings.
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Wow, great question Marianne.
    Anonymous

• Who the heck is lilth?

He did. He made Lilith, and then he made Eve
    soonmommyof3

• sorry there is no lilith in my Bible!
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009