If god made man AND woman in his own image, does that mean he is a homaphradite (sp?)?

So, now that I have your attention, where did god get the idea for woman to look the way we do. I don't think there are definately parts of women and men that look totally different.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. God created manking in his image because he made us to be a living soul just like him.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I dont think that God has "body parts" persay.... I am unsure and i guess will find out wheni get to heaven, but I think of it as we are made in the image of God to be that we have characteristics of God. We all have a desire to be kind and loving and be loved, we all have a good side in us that is from God. But yes, men and women look different, um... who knows why God made us like this.... but we are to come together with man so we cant have the same parts for that to happen... sorry i dont know what other way to put certain things... lol.... thhis is a great question......
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Its all one big lie that's why its so confusing! Im serious too!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Actually I think man made god in his own image. Since no one (supposedly) has seen the face of god and lived. (there is a verse that contradicts that though. So if we really don't know what He looks like I think it is that man has made Him in his own image. JMO
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• mankind. sorry for the typo.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Lmao I love your question... Can't wait to see the bible enthusiasts answer this...
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• 2autisticsmom: that is an interesting statement. And in a way I do agree with that. I do believe in God the creator of all things. That we were made in His image. but i think that people have gotten so far from who God really is that they have made him into whatever they wnat him to be. it is when you truely have a relationship with Him that you begin to discover who God really is to you! He is many things to me. i will not get into it here, but that is an interesting statement....
    ministrymom

Answer by ministrymom at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I believe that there is a Father and Mother god. And I think Father god got the idea of what we look like from Mother god. People say that woman was created to procreate, but God is all powerful and could very well have made another male and made it possible for two men to reproduce without woman. There are several animals that are able to reproduce all on thier own, without any kind of mate at all.
    I believe that woman is the emotion counterpart of man. Just like Mother god is the emotional counterpart of Father god. So, I believe that mankind was made in the image of the gods.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I am not trying to sound disrespectful at all but I don't think God has genitals or boobs. Why would he need them?
    Anonymous

• Woman is not created in God's image. Only man is. Man was created in God's image and woman was created from man or in the image of man. It says that very clearly in Genesis.

It is also quite possible that God is neither man or woman but describes himself to us, choosing a gender, because that is something our finite minds are able to comprehend. I also believe that God is neither anthropopathic nor is he anthropomorphic. However, again, he allows the authors of the BIble to describe him with such adjectives so that our finite minds can gather a glimpse of who he is and what he is about.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009