mothers day tattoo??? <3 HELLO KITTY!!!!

okay so my due date it may 27th...
and i was thinking that this year for mothers day id want it to b a little different...
so i asked my hubby if hed take me to get a hello kitty tattoo[small,maybe just her face]
id say around the beginning june when the baby would be born 4 sure... BUT i was planning on maybe breastfeeding....so my question is would getting a tattoo affect my breast milk in any way??i mean i wouldnt wanna breastfeed my baby toxic milk,lol.....its a serious question..plz help..:]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope. It's completely safe. Ink Molecules are too large to pass into breastmilk. The only risk is if you get an infection, so you need to make sure you go to a clean shop that uses enclaves and they open new needles in front of you etc. :)

I have 2 tattoos I received while nursing, and will be getting a tattoo when this new baby is born. Since I child-led wean then the baby will still be nursing when I get it hehe. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• celtic is right its fine just keep it clean i have 3 tattoos myself none when i was breast feeding tho buti did research it while i was and everything i read said go for it
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2009