Does a camrea flash hurt a baby's eyes?

I am ALWAYS taking pictures of my 5 mo ever since he was a month old. I take them alot and basically almost everyday. Sometimes I try to get close ups of him so im kinda in his face. Taking the flash off my camrea makes the quality really bad and its preprogrammed to automatically turn on flash in low light settings.

Anyway, can the flash hurt his eyes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are really close I would imagine it would.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• In general it shouldn't hurt, but up close it probably does. Try taking a pic at regular distance and zoom in and crop the pic, so that it is a close up with out being in his face. I hope that helps.
    YoungandExcited

Answer by YoungandExcited at 8:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• generally no but they dont like it my DS knows the camera so he hides from it cause he hates bright lights
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009