What do skin rashes come from?

So I am pregnant right now 20 weeks to be exact. Today I woke up took my morning shower and everything that I normally do. I haven't used any different lotions or foods of the sort and now I am rashing up on my arms.. I have been all day long. I don't know why I have this rash though if I am using all the same laundry detergent and fabric softners etc.?? Its really red and bumpy and very itchy.. Could it be from dry skin maybe? I haven't ever had an allergic reaction on my skin before to anything.. as far as I know I only have seasonal allergies that affect my sinuses... Thanks for the help =)

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• could be just irritation but id call your dr there is a rash called pups that is when your body is"allergic " to its self , try a baby lotion , but make sure to tell your dr about any rash you have
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It's related to hormones during pregnancy or at least that's what my doc told me about mine. At your next visit mention it and see what your doctor says. Good luck.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I had that rash just on one spot around my ankle...doctor told me it was hormones...I noticed it comes back when I'm stressed out also though.
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2009