Daycare contracts and vaccinations.

I saw some where that there was a mother stipulating that children that have been vaccinated within a 48 hour period would not be allowed to attend her daycare. is that allowed in the state of Ohio? and how do you draw up a contract that says that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am guessing that she has that rule since children seem to get fussy and get fevers after getting shots. It just makes it a little easier if she as quite a few children to watch if she has that rule. I work at a daycare and parents will take their kids to the doctor, get shots and the next day they have a fever. We call the parents to come and get them and the response, Oh, they just got shots yesterday, they are fine. It would be nice to know when the kids get shots so we know what to expect.
    Anonymous

• I live in Ohio and I never heard of that. Talk to your pedi about it.
    Anonymous

• I'd try the group "Choosing Not to Vaccinate" with this question =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• No I would NOT try any groups for vax's or against on this site! They are biased, just talk to your pedi.

Anonymous

• I know that they want your kids to be up to date on vaccines but personally I found a babysitter (referred from a trusted friend) and I use her instead of a daycare more personal and alot less kids. But I know that just like schools your kids have to be vaccinated just ask whatever daycare your going to. and if you need help getting your kids vacines contact your local WIC office and they will be bale to direct you to a free clinic.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I to would suggest asking this in the "Chooseing not to vaccinate Group"

Anon - most peds are more bias than the groups are... Because they are the ones getting $$ from the vax companies... Mine even admited she get's kickbacks! So don't tell me I'm crazy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OP here. I am asking this question because I am thinking about opening a day care and want to be able to make it one of the rules if I do.
    Anonymous

• I didn't say you were crazy, you did. funny how you all think pedis get kick backs.
    Anonymous

• u know what i doesnt matter if pedis get kick backs or not.. thats not the question... i dont see why that cant be a rule.. and if some are vax you can refuse to take them
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• OP - I think what you are referring to is the higher chance of complications within the 48 hrs after a vax, right? I am guessing you can write that in your contract but be sure to explain what you mean because everyone else responding missed your point!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2009