jury duty

I just got a questionare for jury duty. My question is I exclusivly breastfeed. My so will not drink from anything except me. Am I able to get out of it or he is suppose to go and sit with me all day so he can eat

andrew1262000

Asked by andrew1262000 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Your doctor will be able to write you an excuse for medical neccesity...and allow you to not serve.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It all depends on the person making the decisions. You can ask your doctor for a letter, but the hardship decisions are left up to the person(s) reading the letters.

Good luck. I just served jury duty last week!
    Anonymous

• Check your state's laws. Some states exempt mothers of breastfeeding infants.
    http://www.familyfriendlyjuryduty.org/
    http://www.4woman.gov/Breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=234
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Say thanks to a mom...vote for best answer.
    Anonymous

• Just call the court house for your area and tell them you can't make it because you breast feed.There should be a number on the paper they sent you.I called and told them i couldn't make it and they took me off the list.
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I'm in FL and when I got my last summons, there was a checkbox for 'stay-at-home-mom for child under 3'. All I did was check that and attached a little note stating that I had no one to watch my son for the jury duty. This should work for you too!
    LolaMama

Answer by LolaMama at 10:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just go in with your baby firmly attached & hungry, I think they would show you the door LOL!!!
    kymom2boys

Answer by kymom2boys at 2:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Call and talk to someone. There should be a number on the form. I got out of it for being a SAHM, if you are the only person to care for your child they exempt you.
    sweetmelisdym

Answer by sweetmelisdym at 9:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2008

Please do not bring your child to court. Many jurisdictions do not look fondly on ppl who bring their children to court, and can find you in contempt for doing so- I have actually seen this happen to a mother.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2009