Cavity

My sil found a cavity in her dd’s tooth and it’s a side tooth that you can see when she smiles. She’s only 2 st dentists only take 3 yr olds but since she does have a cavity will they see her and if they do is there anything they can do since it’s a baby tooth?

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• She will still be seen. I work in a dental office, caries (cavities) can be serious, and are very common in primary teeth (baby teeth) and are never looked past. Tell her to take her in, I also recommend a sealant, that's if the child had deep pits and fissures, the dentist will let you know. And also after every meal having the child rinse with water, makes the world of a difference, and the one you always hear, never put a child to bed with anything other then water. Even I'm bad for that :-S

P.s toothpaste/ fluoride is a natural pain reliever, so if she's in pain I suggest rubbing some on her tooth for comfort. Hope this helped :-)
    Lizamafers

Answer by Lizamafers at 9:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I ment so the
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Yes they will see her daughter. My dentist also waits until 3 but my son had a chipped tooth and killed the nerve inside causing it to turn gray when he was 2. They were more than happy to take a peek at it for me and let me know if it was ok.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I think sil should still get her seen. They the caviities can grow huge in a short time sometimes. A wrap can be put around the tooth to keep it from getting worse sometimes. When my reg. dentist gave advice I wasn't sure about for my daughter I went to a children's hoslpital's dentist. well worth the trip and money.
    Anonymous

• Look for a pediatric dentist, they are willing to take kids as young as 18 months. Just tell the receptionist that your child has a cavity and needs to be seen as soon as possible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2009