Pros and Cons or WAH Jobs and Businesses

I have been working very hard to get my website up and running with all the best information I can provide. I am looking for pros and cons from each side. I own a home business and personally HATED having a home JOB. It was a waist of time! So, since I don't want to sound bias, I would like to hear from everyone... Could you list the pros and cons - as you see them - for being a home business owner and a WAH job worker...

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I became a sahm fours years ago when my daughter was born. Prior to Alexandra's birth, I worked in the trade show industry, handling all logistics. I LOVED my job but did not want to place her in day care so someone else could raise her. I was 45 when she was born, and having gone through 7 years of IVF, I wanted to be home! I was very lucky to be able to do this. Now last year I started searching the many sites like this one for a home business. Since I Love Candles, this is the avenue I researched. Gold Canyon was my choice, for many reasons. I work at my own pace. I'm not looking to have a huge income, downline and all the incentives that do come with this company. If it happens, that's great. I wanted a business that I believed in, selling a product that I liked which makes it very easy to tell friends and family about.

Can I ask, what didn't you like about it? I haven't found a down side to it.

Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I love working at home...you know what your income is going to be, you're not the person risking anything, and you get a benefits package. I would hate home based businesses, which I'm sure involves a lot of selling...I guess I hate to be "sold" to, so I definitely don't want to be the one annoying people.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I love working at home.. It has been wonderful and I make more than I would at a normal job.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I too am researching sah job/work options, but I do need the income and to be home with new baby...so any out there to recommend or not to?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Hey there,

There are plenty of work at homes opportunities you just want to make sure there legit. Take a look at workathomecommunity blog to get some really good ideas and to see what ones have been tested.

Thanks,

Chris

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 7:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2009