How can I get rid of a headache, when drinking water and tylenol arent working?

Ive tried Tylenol twice today and it hasnt done ANYTHING for me..
I been drinking more water incase i was dehydrated...not working
Im super congested...is there a medicine i can buy that will be safe to take during pregnancy?

is Nyquil safe?
If not, what can i do to get rid of my headache?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 9:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tylenol is the only thing that i have had doctors say is safe. try to eat something filling and not greasy, drink a glass of water (not really really cold) and go to bed. usually the combination of all three works for me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Try lying on your left side for a while. Close your eyes and relax in the dark, in case it's a light-induced headache. Eat something, like Vabchmommy said. Good luck, hope you feel better. If headache is severe or persists, talk to your doctor. It could be something serious.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Well if you think it's your sins. My docter told me that I could take Sunafed for it. But I would call my docter.
    Anonymous

• If you're getting sinus headaches, you need to relieve the pressure and congestion. Start by breathing in some steam-- go take a warm bath or get some really hot water in a bowl, lean your head over it and throw a towel over your head so you create a mini sauna.

Then you should get a Neti Pot to cleanse your sinuses. Gross, I know, but it works really well. You make a warm saline solution and rinse your sinuses out by pouring the water in one nostril-- it'll come out the other after filling the sinus cavity and taking the bad stuff out. You should do this twice a day.

Then get some Vic's vaporub and sinus strips. Wear the strips at night for sleep, and rub the vaporub under your nose so you get some menthol and can breathe. During the day, suck on some menthol cough drops.

It'll take a few days to work, but you will get there.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The steam from a shower might help
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 11:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• steam isnt even working...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Try one of those masks with stuff in it that you can microwave-- some mild direct heat might help!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• For me when this happens i take a unisom it puts me out for a couple hours and its safe for the baby just be careful it could get addicting as with all meds. And it's also great for morning sickness too.
    Neuriel

Answer by Neuriel at 3:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009