Swelling ?

I am 38 weeks pregnat and for the past two days my ankles have starting swelling. Its kinda scary . I mean I know its normal to swell during pregnancy but seeing it on myself is a bit scary. I take bp medicine that I was on before I got pregnant. I keep a check on my bp and its a little high. Has this happend to anyone else. Also what can I do for the pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Avoid food high in salt, use ice packs, and put your feet up and relax as much as possible. Let your doctor know at the next appt. You might be pre-eclamptic.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• keep your feet elevated as much as possible . . try to drink more water to help flush out some of the access fluid . . make sure you tell your doctor so they can keep a check on your bp . .

BeautifulMomof1

Answer by BeautifulMomof1 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Same thing happened to me. All I can tell you is what the other ladies have said. Keep your feet up and drink plenty of water. I know the first time I looked down and saw my ankles were huge it kind of freaked me out. Hope the swelling goes down soon.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 11:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I've been going through this for a week and a half. At night my arms and hands ache so bad I cant sleep. I wrap my hands in a heating pad for relief. My doctor said this is normal, and assumes it's pregnancy related carpol tunnel. Though I disagree. Also, she said heat makes it worse. Again, I disagree. I've found it's the only thing that helps
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 11:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I know that for me my doctor has told me that, swelling is one of the signs of early stages of labor so for you to be at 38 you might want to ask your doctor. My doctor told me to call if that happened
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 11:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009