is this normal with monistat 1?

I got a yeast infection from antibiotics and last night before i went to bed I insereted the monistat 1 cream. It was 2:30am (i know its late i work at a bar). Anyways its the one time use thingy so i inserted it and went to bed, I woke up at 4:15 and my whole entire vagional area was swollen including my lips. It was itching and burning so bad so i cleaned my self up and put vagisil on and attempted to go back to sleep. What I want to know is what happened Im so sore today and still itchy. please let me know what u think! should I try it again or just go to my ob/gyn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Health

• ohhh wow!! I've used it with no problem!!! ya gotta somehow air yourself out to dry up. I found pure cornstarch like for the kitchen to be great to dry down there. Make sure you change your undy often cause you need to stay extra dry not sweaty at all and we get sweaty there so easy specially with an infection. So the seams of your panties plus pants don't irritate you even more take a clean sock or mole skin or lamb skin cloth (they're extra super super soft and can be found in the foot section of some pharmacies) to cushion your panty and pants from irritating you even more. Guess you need a new script. I've used atheletes foot medicine there cuz it's a fungus infection on your outside now but somehow you sitll gotta get med for your yeast infection. Give your doc a call tomorrow, he's still gotta have coverage even though it's a Sunday.
    Anonymous

• My OB told me never to use the Monostat 1 because it just doesn't work. Every time I use the cream it does burn and itch, but I dont' recall swelling. I think the burning and itching is worse with the creams that are for less days because it's more powerful. My OB gave me a prescription last time and it cleared it up right away really quickly and I didn't get another one.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Go to the doctor. If you can't wait, go to an urgent care clinic. You could have a different type of infection than a yeast infection. When I get one I just call the doc for the one pill wonder cure. Maybe you are allergic to the cream?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009