Does anyone else remeber the bible saying that there were giants roaming the Earth when Adam and Eve left the garden?

That was one thing that always confused me. The bible only talks about god creating Adam and Eve, but then it says there were giants roaming the Earth when they left the garden. And just so there is no confusion, the bible I was brought up on was the King James version.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yeah, I don't think that there is anything about giants in there.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I heard of that,dinosaurs maybe?
    Anonymous

• I know what you are referring to. Let me look it up and get back to you! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It is talking about the Nephilim. Biblical scholars debate as to the meaning of this, but some scholars believe that demons had sex with women here on earth and created a race of people called Nepilim. They were giants. I think that is what you are talking about.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• The bible never says those Giants were humans. I'm pretty sure it is speaking of Dinosaurs, which they weren't called Dinosaurs then. it just merely points out that there were giants. to humans, dinosaurs would have been giants in their eyes.
    Anonymous

• sorry, forgot to post the verse: Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

see the semi-colon? it means it was just a statement, it really has nothing to do with the rest of the verse.

Anonymous

• What do you think Goliath was?

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• yeah what cinnamon-mom said.... I started to search and got distracted reading about how long ago creation began interesting reading for sure !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Goliath was a giant.
    Shaneagle777

• What happened when Joshua and Caleb and the others, 1st went into the promise land. The land of milk and honey. What happened? What did the Israelites and say about the grapes?

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2009